Kevin W. Willams
President & CEO
Kevin W. Williams was appointed President and CEO of Global Automotive Alliance and Manufacturing and Supply Chain Management in September 2019. In this role, he is a Corporate Board Member and leads all operations of the company.
Before joining GAA, Williams was most recently Chairman, President and Managing Director of General Motors (GM) of Canada Ltd., responsible for leading all GM operations in Canada, with revenues of $18.7B. Prior to this role, he served as GM Vice President and General Manager, Service and Parts Operations, where he oversaw all GM Global Aftersales businesses, with Global revenues of $14.2B annually. He also served as Chairman and Global Processes Leader for the GM Automotive Aftermarket Strategy Board.
Williams held several global senior roles at GM, including Chairman, President and Managing Director of GM de Mexico; GM North American Vice President of Quality; Global Executive Director, Supplier Quality, Development and Supplier Diversity for Worldwide Purchasing; and held that same position for GM Europe based in Russelsheim, Germany, with responsibilities spanning 22 countries and 2,700 employees.
He began his GM career in 1983 as a reliability analyst at Buick Motor's division in Flint, Michigan. In 1989, he became the General Supervisor of Production at the Lansing Craft Centre in Lansing, Michigan. He was then appointed Program Readiness Manager for GM's first electric vehicle program (EVI) in 1991.
Williams has been married for 30+ years to Arlene Pope Williams and resides in Nashville, Tennessee. They have two daughters - Alisa Williams, a graduate of Yale University, and Kaylyn Williams, a recent graduate of Yale University, achieving a Master's degree in Political Science, with a concentration in Urban and Health Policy.
- Director, Executive Board, GAA Manufacturing and Supply Chain Management (2019-Current)
- Director, Executive Board, Tennessee State University Foundation (2015-Current)
- Director, Board of Advisors, White House Initiative on HBCUs (2017-2020)
- Trustee, Board of Trustees, American Medical Association (2017-2020)
- Vice Chairman, Board of Directors, United Negro College Fund Foundation (2014-2020)
- Commencement Address/Speaker, Texas College - Tyler, TX (2018)
- Inductee, United States Black College Hall of Fame - Atlanta, GA (2012)
- "Driven Magazine," Most Influential Executive in Automotive - Detroit, MI (2011)
- Trailblazer Award, Rainbow Push Automotive Symposium - Detroit, MI (2010)
- Men of Excellence Award, Michigan Chronicle Publication - Detroit, MI (2010)
- Executive of the Year (finalist), On-Wheels Magazine - Detroit, MI (2005)
- Honorary Doctor of Humane Letters, Texas College (June 2018)
- General Motors Senior Executive Development Program (2002-2005)
- Master of Science in Administration, Central Michigan University - Mount Pleasant, MI (1990)
- Bachelor's of Business Administration, Tennessee State University - Nashville, TN (1983)