Who we’re looking for.
The Group Leader supervises and coordinates the activities of all production workers on the manufacturing floor. We're looking for an experienced leader with an interest in data reporting, organizational planning, performance management, and strong ethical principles who is adept at communication, strategy, and team-building.
- Studies production schedules and estimates work hour requirements for completion of job assignment.
- Interprets company policies to workers and enforces safety regulations.
- Recommends and implements measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and quality of product participating in Continuous Improvement activities.
- Suggests changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency of plant, department or line.
- Analyzes and resolves work problems, or assists workers in solving problems.
- Initiates or suggests plans to motivate workers to achieve work goals.
- Maintains production records.
- Confers with others to coordinate activities of plant personnel.
- Performs activities of workers supervised.
- Responsible for containment of non-stable and non-capable processes.
- Oversees all aspects of the production build.
- Enforces safety compliance by ensuring the proper training is given in OSHA mandated regulations such as electrical safety, hazard communications, etc. Will also ensure compliance with company safety rules and regulations and will offer training on a monthly basis on various safety topics.
- Reports machine and equipment malfunctions to maintenance personnel.
- Responsible for collecting data/ and reporting on monthly measurable goals.
- Identifies for collecting data and reporting on monthly measurable goals.
- Identifies job openings. Establishes performance goals and a development plan, conducting a six-month evaluation, provide on-going employee appraisals for new employees.
- Identifies opportunities for continuous improvement, ensures that continuous improvement activities are planned, implemented, measured, reported and reviewed in the respective area of responsibility.
- Reviews employee performance and coaches employees on a regular basis.
- Identifies performance or conduct issues, resolving the issue internally with the Employee (where possible and appropriate) and initiates the employee corrective action process (for internal resolution).
- Communicates issues that cannot be resolved to HR and develops an appropriate action plan with HR to correct the issue.
- Completes the performance appraisal process for direct report at a minimum on an annual basis.
- Plans goals and individual development with each direct report.
- Corrects and improves actions in the respective area with regards to employee satisfaction.
- Communicates daily with the team.
- Develops and controls documents and data within the functional area. Reviews, approves, distributes and maintains file documents and data for which there is management authority. Responsible for releasing external documents, and for ensuring that obsolete external documents are excluded from use.
- Applies that corrective action process when discrepancies / non-conformances are detected.
- Responsible for applying the preventive action process when potential issues/risks are identified. Also, responsible for assessing the importance/severity of the issues/risks and for initiating the preventive action for employees in the department.
Qualified applicants should have a bachelor's degree from an accredited institution and at least 3-5 years of solid production supervision and/or management experience within a manufacturing environment. Applicants should possess strong communication skills, and have a demonstrated track record of having supervised or managed twenty or more direct reports.
Applicants who with experience in automotive, production, or manufacturing are also highly encouraged to apply.
We're always looking for new people to join our team of game-changers and problem-solvers. If this looks like the position for you, feel free to drop us your resume and cover letter to start the conversation.